2011-08-26

Snakehead Came My House



I fished Ophicephalus maculatus (snakehead) on the vicinity pond today. I was confirming the procambarus clarkii and snakehead lived in the pond before. A lot of lotus and duckweed are floating in the pond. Snakehead was young, and length about 18cm. I do not like Snakehead that exceeds the length 1m so much. I thought that I was able to keep it with the water tank of 60cm if it was this small Snakehead. On the raining pond, I challenged by the tackle that installed limegrren carbon rod in Featherweight Champion rod handle that put spincast reel always used. The lure used Grab of Garry Yamamoto. It became a hit with the casting of the third times. However, the hook for the black bass was too large for the fish of about 13cm. Snakehead came off the hook and dropped to water in one's feet. There was no hit though my.. several-time Cast from it. I moved to a lot of points that the place was changed and Snakehead had rising. I changed the lure several times and cast but did not become a hit. I brought softness rod from the car by about 1m, and changed it into the food fishing that applied the needle and the floatage to the fine thread. The earthworm was not found though I had dug up the nearby soil. Because the mud snail had lived in the pond a lot, it was made bait. Then, it was possible to catch it at once.





I did not give Snakehead bait for three days. Because I wanted to keep giving artificial bait. He did not react though I dropped the sinking bait for the fresh-water catfish to the water tank on the second day. And, it did not eat the first one during third day bait. However, turning on the bait of the third times induced bait to his mouth with a small pump. Then, Snakehead ate artificial bait. It is wonderful.



The system of my tank is as follows. As for the width of a tank, the 35cm height is 25cm in 30cm depth. Water is purified through a small filter. 15 day has passed since this snakehead was put into the tank. For the moment, it is not abnormal. It is putting into the tank so that Willow Moss may be set adrift. I am going to make Willow Moss planted in driftwood.



There is no name in a snakehead yet. A snakehead is the first although I have kept the goldfish. I am surprised that the snakehead had the ferocity to food, and avarice. The snakehead is always aimed at in search of game. It seems that it depends on eyesight within the highly transparent tank. A snakehead shakes a head violently, crooks the body and requires food as the ability of the shadow of me or a wife to be seen. If I place a face in front of a tank, a snakehead will gaze at my eyes straight. So that it has seldom caught a sight beside a snakehead. If I move slightly, he will shake a head and will react. When the site of the snakehead owner of various Japan was seen, it was being written that it was serious to make it get used to the dry solid synthetic diet. When beginning kept, I had given the fresh killifish immediately after dying to the snakehead. Although the synthetic diet for catfishes was given to him, it will not react, if it stops sinking and moving. I did not give food to a snakehead for two days. I moved the food sunken using big pipette. And it carried to impending. Food was moved further at hand and it succeeded in feeding of the snakehead. Then, a snakehead came to eat solid food gradually. Moving solid feed with a pipette at first shows existence of food. My snakehead became recently, so that it was attacked on the finger before food fell. He can certainly catch food, before falling on the ground from the water surface.



This snakehead has bit my finger several times. He also bites the pipette put into water for cleaning by attack like a snake. It did not know that the snakehead set to 1 m or more is so atrocious, and that it was dangerous. The tooth of a snakehead is not so sharp. However, compared with a black bass or a bluegill, it is sharp. If bit by the snakehead over 1 meter, it may drown and die. A snakehead is famous also for jumping out of a tank. Since glass is broken and it jumps out, the acrylics tank has been recommended. It may be attacked by the huge snakehead if fishing is done by the float tube like me.



























No comments:

Post a Comment