2013-06-19

DIY: Front Carrier for Touring Bike


I began to make the front carrier for the touring bike. I choose 6 mm diameter stainless steel pipe material of JPY 390 at DIY store. The first step is processing a pipe bends for beautifully. I referred to a book and Web, and I bent little by little, roasting a pipe with a gas burner. 




This cutting part is the front folk to the carrier joining. I was cut by steel saw. 


This part joint to the front folk mount. My bike having carrier mount already. I strike and crushed the pipe edge by hammer after burned by the gas burner. 


Right side is first crush. Left side is second crush. Drilled 3mm diameter hole to the very hard burned stainless steel. I extended the screw hole by the stick file. 


I failed in processing the pipe bends for right-angled. I have to think about this problem. 


I gave processing fills the crevice between joining part using a sandpaper.



No comments:

Post a Comment