2013-06-06

"National RANDIONE" The Old Bike Restoration 4


I assembled National Randione for my wife temporarily because I got almost parts. I couldn't perfect polished all parts but you can see clean because photograph. Still not fix the bar tape. Cotton tape and vanish are better to much this touring bike. 





This is new front wheel with Shimano hub dynamo bought at cheap online store. It's about USD 35 including 24 inches alminium rim, spork, tube, and randonneur tire. But everything made in Taiwan. 


I was mistake this frame paint last time. Because it melt the under paint by top coat. It was very hard to remove paint. I retried frame paint from surfacer. But I don't satisfaction my paint work. Because I didn't perfect remove paint and smooth surface work. That's why became like this dirty paint work. I want paint again. 


I like these mechanics. I have to get crank bolt cover. Pedal is Mikashima old style made in Japan. But I couldn't remove other side last pedal. Because I was mistake normally turn left the left pedal removing. It was became very hard to remove. 


I was want to polish and grease up the sprocket but I couldn't remove it. 


This is Brooks B-17 ladies model I bought. This saddle about same price to this second hand bike. But this Brooks saddle is very important part of bicycle for the touring and the camping. 



I didn't remove this National decal. This decal can not get now. 


Preview National RANDIONE The Old Bike Restoration 3

No comments:

Post a Comment