2014-03-05

Flyer Design: Rock'n'Roll and Jump Blues Record Hop with Live Show!!

I designed this flier 14 years ago. It was the 6th anniversary party held with the restaurant & bar "King Kong" located in the shopping center in Kurosaki, Yahata-nishi-ku, Kitakyushu-City, Fukuoka. My friend was managing the restaurant & bar. I was taking charge of the advertising matter as a designer of his store under exclusive contract. I made many parties and calendars which he sponsors. My friend also owner of "King Kong" loves Rock'n'Roll and Jump Blues. I came out and came back to the trip where it wanders about Asia, 14 years ago. Calcutta in India bore a close resemblance to Britain of the 1950s. People's life, an attitude, and the vigor have just experienced the United States of the 1950s. It seemed that time travel was carried out just like a movie "Back to the future." And I imagined "Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" of the movie "Back to the Future", and this flyer designed it. Record hop and a live show are roaring business, and business had not declined yet in the local side after the collapse of the 'bubble' economy. In the floor, the young man danced Strohl (revue dance performed in a line of a female subject), Bop, Twist, and the jive which symbolize the 1950s, and got drunk wholly with the free drink.


No comments:

Post a Comment